Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Little Fall Decor & Kris Kringle Doll....


Wanted to share a pic of my front porch in the fall.....can you tell which ones are the real pumpkins? LOL. :0) They're actually all fake. I put my fake ones out early and wait till later to buy the real ones we carve so we can enjoy them longer. I leave my old red wagon out in the spring and summer to hold potted flowers and of course you can see what I like to do with it in the fall. It goes in the garage during Christmas and wintertime and I replace it with an antique wood sled. Of course those pics will come later. :0) The scarecrow dude on the door was made and given to me by my mother in law before my kids were born. My door is metal, so I have to use those clamp magnets to hold him on there and occasionally if the wind blows hard enough, he falls down.
And as you can see, I never did get my pumpkinhead guy done......he would have been in the chair behind the wagon where the biggest pumpkin is. I just got so darn busy, he'll have to wait until after Christmas, so he'll be one of my winter projects.
Speaking of projects.....I did get my Kris Kringle doll all done. He's not quite ready to list on ebay, I'm still trying to think of something for him to hold or tuck under one arm......I'm gonna make him a toy bag for sure and was thinking of doing a little stick horse or something...I dunno...you can almost bet I'll tuck a little flag in there somewhere, too :0)....he could be an Americana Santa...but anyway, thought he turned out really neat- he's my first Santa doll. I bought the wool for his beard and hair from a local gal and it is just awesome to work with, except for the waste from pulling and sorting, but you just about have to deal with that no matter who you buy from. Although I've heard tons of good things about Ann's wool from Crowing About Primitives- she sorts and lays it out ready to use for you. I would like to try some from her, but I have lots of wool I need to use up in my stash first. I needle felted all his beard and mustache, and he has hair all over his head, not just on the sides. Plus his hat is removable. I bet I did more handstitching than machine stitching on his clothing! I did all the faux fur trim on the jacket, pants, hat and boots by hand, plus all the rusty jingle bells. He's scheduled to start on ebay Friday night. Click here to see his auction and more pics of him finished..... Well, gotta go finish up my snowgirl so she can go up for auction, too. :0)

8 comments:

Old Glory Soldiers said...

I love Santa and can't wait to see your Snowgirl !!! And a Flag is a great idea ;-)

Shay said...

He's adorable! Love his cutie face! You did a wonderful job! I use Ann's wool, I can attest to how fabulous it is! I hardly loose any wool with her. It's so soft and smells wonderful! Oh I think a flag is a wonderful idea, can't wait to see him all done!
Blessings,
Shay

The Primitive Bucket said...

Looks good girl, your porch too!!! So pretty!!! Love the Santa...I want one, put that on my Christmas list!!! tee hee..
Hugs,
Joleen

The Primitive Bucket said...

Hey girl a stick horse reindeer would be cute for him.. I have a pattern if you want it. Let me know and I'll get it to you asap!!! Joleen

~Tonya said...

Love your Autumn decor and your Santa dollie. You did a wonderful job on him.

I personally LOVE Ann's wool. She sorts is all so very nice.

I am sure your Santa will do well.

Thanks for sharing and from your other post...get some sleep. LOL I should listen to myself. I have been staying up way too late too.

Have a great weekend Jody.
~Tonya

Old Glory Soldiers said...

Hey Jody,

I just gave you a Fabulous Fall Decor Award ;-) just go to my site to grab the logo ...

... that Santa may need to sit by my Snowgal ...she made a really cute picture with my USA 1776 gameboard!

Prim Blessin's, Tina

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Jody,

Your Santa is a sweetie ! Precious !

Ann's wool is awesome from Crowing about Primitives.. it is all sorted out , clean and very easy to pull apart .. The white wool ...It is the best for Santa's, Uncle Sams, Angels..etc..
Hugs and wishing you a great week !
Linda

PEA said...

Love your decorations and what a smart idea to do the fakes then the real ones.
Oh love the Santa. He has the sweetest face. Ann's wool is simply the best.
I had some old wool to use up and ended up with 7 thorns in my fingers. Never find nothing in Ann's.