1. I went to college right out of high school and earned a degree as a Veterinary Technician....I loved it, but the pay and benefits were horrible...something they don't tell you in college. Plus, my current "job" as a mom is so much better! LOL
2. I used to rodeo some in High School (goat tying). I did work two jobs at the time, so never got to do them all, plus I worked to pay my own entry fees unlike the other kids whose parents paid for everything.
3. I love to sketch and draw and have been that way since I can remember. My favorite media is pen & ink, I also really like charcoal and pencil. Back in high school I did a lot of artwork (I'll have to post some pics) and I was very close to my art teacher, he was a great mentor. My last year in college he died in a car accident and I took it pretty hard. After that I stopped drawing and such....I've worked on a piece or two in the last 10 years, but I really enjoy making my dolls now and found it is a wonderful creative outlet for me.
4. I hate to cook, but love to bake! Funny, huh? I'm not sure why, but to me the two are like night and day. My favorite thing to bake is pie with crust made from scratch (my grandma's recipe, and its awesome!) I don't make the filling from scratch, I just buy the canned stuff, but would love to learn how!
5. I collect Red Wing Stoneware. Of course Craig will tell you I tend to "collect" more stuff than that, but I do have a soft spot for them. So far I have various sized Red Wing crocks and jugs, one butter churn, and a chicken feeder, but no bowls yet. I mean I do have stoneware bowls and canisters, but they are not actual Red Wing pottery.
6. I am actually very shy, that is at least until you get to know me. I was terribly shy as a kid and have become a little more outgoing as I get older, but am still a wimp about meeting new people! Ok, I admit it! LOL!
So that's pretty much all I am going to blab about me...maybe more later if I happen to get tagged again...LOL. Now, let's see, I have to pick 6 others that have not already received it yet, so here goes....
1. Linda at Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives (Linda is such a great person- she makes some real nice dollies, too! I just love her pilgrim girl she has now, but my fav is probably the doll riding the goose on her blog banner)
2. Sandy at Sam I Am Creations (I just love her...truly one of the nicest people...she made my Halloween banner and Halloween auction template- take a peek at her on ebay or etsy!)
3. Mandie at Life In The Craft Lane With Mandie (She has lots of freebies for your blog and etsy....go check her out....that's where I got my background)
4.Raquel at Kitchen Mysteries (If you're looking for recipes, you need to take a peek at her blog! Her blog is really nice)
5. Linda at Behind My Red Door (She receives a ton of awards and is thinking of a tag free zone, but just want her to know her blog does ROCK and she is not obligated to participate of course)
6. Leslie at My Country Home (She has already received this award, but I just love reading her blog and she deserves it a second time! You should go take a peek if you get a chance.) Of course she doesn't have to take part again unless she really wants to... :0)