Thursday, July 2, 2009

Where does the Summer go?

Oh my gosh....can you believe it is nearly the fourth already and summer is half over with? Every summer it seems like it is so hectic, we never take the time to stop and pick the flowers.....but we made time to do just that last week. We took a drive up the mountain behind our house and stopped at the top so Sage could fill her basket with wild sunflowers.I had to share this old barn. This old ranch sits along the loop road at the top of the mountain and every time we drive up here I just stare at this old barn and wonder what it would have been like to live 100 years ago when this ranch was in its prime. Sure don't see beautiful old barns like this anymore- at least not around this area. On a creative note, I did finish the makeover on my milking stool. Its black- of course, LOL. I decided to do slight distressing and I think it turned out pretty darn great. :0) My coffee table may be a later project- it will be more time consuming so I probably won't get it done until later this summer when things slow down- but don't worry, I will be sure and share when its finished. I do have a few dolls to share also....These girls I made from one of Tonya's patterns and they have already arrived at their new homes.....each doll was actually a surprise gift for a few friends of mine that were going through some hard times and I wanted to be sure each friend got her goodie box before I posted the pic. Each girlfriend sent me such nice emails to thank me and one of whom is my 'neighbor' friend Joleen- she had the most touching post on her blog it just made me cry! I was so touched by their gratitude it really makes me want to do things like that more often- I still get that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I think about it. :0) Of course it will be a surprise when I strike again...hee hee....
I have been throwing around the idea of doing a selling blog or a picturetrail site to sell a few things. I'm not sure when I will have it ready, but I will be sure to post about it when its done and "open for business."
Well, I should get going and get something whipped up for dinner. Until next time! :0) -Jody

No comments: