Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Attention ALL Dollmakers!!! You need to read this!!

This has been the hot topic of discussion lately....I know there are a lot of us that make dolls and such out there. I am not sure how many of us know about this totally ridiculous law that has been passed and supposed to go into effect on Feb. 10th. It is called the CPSIA Law- which mandates lead testing on any product that may be intended to be used for a child under the age of 12- which could cost thousands of dollars for each item- and that is no joke! I found some info and links that may be useful from the Junction Journal's blog. Go take a look!!
We all know the dolls we make are to be used as fine adult collectibles and we even state that they are not children's toys- HOWEVER- this may be a very gray area- if we label it as a doll- they may still consider it a "toy" or be interpreted by a consumer as such. Girls, we all need to be aware and become familiar with this. Good grief! I am definitely writing my congressman about this! Do they have any idea how ridiculous this is? Think about how many small businesses and WAHM's are going to be put out of business or the SAHM's that make dolls to help out with the monthly bills? Or how about the little old ladies that crochet the baby blankets and booties at the local craft shows? Or how it will affect our already fragile economy? Here is a site suggesting that impact. I really wonder if they think about the bigger picture before they start passing these stupid laws??......thanks for letting me vent!!

1 comment:

Denni said...

I hope you feel better. My baby had pink eye back in Nov. and it took forever for it to leave. I hate pink eye!!! Take care of yourself!!