Saturday, January 24, 2009

A few dolls to share......and a few awards!

I know, I know! It's been a few weeks since my last post, but honestly I have been working my little fingers to the bone in the craft room. I have a few dollies all finished for a local gal and I wanted to share. My camera was giving me problems, but now its working again- thank goodness! I think its days are numbered and its trying to tell me that I need to hurry up and find a replacement and quick, LOL. This first doll is from a You Are Special pattern. Love the big head and squinty eyes! This washday Mammy doll turned out so great, I think. She is so much neater in person. She is from a Be Fruitful Kreations pattern. She is pretty small (15 inches..), but has tons of details on her. I needle sculpted her nose and lips, fingers, toes and even her washboard. I penciled on her eyes, toenails and fingernails with artists pencil. She has a wee bit of sheeps wool felted in place with a headwrap updo. Her arms are even button jointed so they will move up and down. I was really happy how her skin color turned out- a beautiful golden brown.
Linda over at Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives gave me two awards and I promised her I would put them on my blog in my next post.
'This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers' aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!'
I am supposed to pass this award on to eight fellow bloggers, but so many have either already received this award or wish to be an award free blog. So what I will do is offer this award to anyone on my blog list and please feel free to snag it. She also gave me this award, too! Thank you very much Linda! :0) Now, for this award I am supposed to list a few addictions I have......let's see here....
#1- My family. They rank #1! I don't know what I would do without them around me! :0)
#2- Stoneware. I love everything stoneware! Crocks, jugs, jars, bowls- you name it! Of course you can tell from my earlier posts that I collect Red Wing....I guess I could say I am addicted to all primitive antiques, but stoneware is my fav to collect.
#3- Fabric. Yes, I admit it! I have a fabric problem! LOL! It's beginning to take over the craft room! Yikes!
#4- Thrift Shops. I am a thrift store junkie through and through! Of course I can't pass up a yard sale or antique shop either!
#5- Pepsi. Yes, I am a Pepsi-holic! Call me crazy!
#6- Trident Chewing gum. I love chewing gum- but it has to be sugar free. I know, I'm weird!
Ok, I am supposed to pass this along to other bloggers, but again, with so many already getting this award and those that have gone award free, I will leave it open for anyone wanting to play. Again Linda, thank you so much for thinking of me! Girls, you should really go have a peek at Linda's blog. She makes the neatest dollies and things! She also has some goodies on Ebay, WSOAPP and Simply Primitives.

3 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Jody, I am so relieved that you are relieved! LOL You are too sweet!

Your dolls are amazing - such talent!!! And congrats on the awards as well!!

Sue said...

Don't you just love the You Are Special Patterns?....They put so much love and faith into everything they do...Allof your dolls are super.
Hugs
Sue

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Dear Jody,

Your dolls are wonderful ! Lots of time, detail and love shown in them !

My goodness, thank you for the compliments and you are very welcome for the awards !

Have a fun day !
Hugs,
Linda