Saturday, November 29, 2008

TLOFA angel swap.....

This was the little angel dolly I made for our angel swap in my ebay group TLOFA. I drew Tanya (grungegoddesprimitives) and wanted to wait until she got her before I spilled the beans! I was really pleased how well she turned out. I used a pattern from Tonya (backporchpickins) to make her. She was a smaller size than my usual ones, but I still put the same amount of details and things into her. Her dress is stained creme wool felt and her eyes are painted on with separate stitched eyelids and stitched mouth. Her hair is wool felted on all around her head. I quilted her wings on both sides and grubbied them up a bit, then sprinkled them with glass glitter to finish them off. I made a stained hangtag that reads "May the Lord bless and keep you".
I took a bit of a breather during the past few days to spend with family, then tomorrow I'll start some Christmas projects for family and such so that they will for sure be done before Christmas. We drove to my dad and stepmom's house- only 3 hours away in Riverton, WY- and spent Thanksgiving with them. Anyone who knows me well knows my dad and I are very close and I always feel like our visits to his house are always too short, not matter how long we are there. I did do the Black Friday shopping thing and woke up early to take part in some of the deals. We have quite a few nieces, nephews and cousins and I was able to get most of the toys and presents at discounted prices, which was awesome! I also scored at Staples- I got a bluetooth wireless headset for $9, and two 8 GB flashdrives for $12 each! I always try and do chores and things while I yak on the phone and usually pay for it later with a nice kink in my neck- this headset will be such a lifesaver! Speaking of yakking, I should probably go get something done. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving holiday!

1 comment:

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Jody,
She's so darn cute... I just love her ! .. Precious.. Lucky gal who received the angel !

Is that sage brush ??? the kind ya hear about in the westerns ???

Hugs
Linda